Trusted Hyperacusis Treatment in Lancaster, PA
Don’t Let Noise Sensitivity Limit Your Life
If you experience abnormally strong reactions to sounds, you may have Hyperacusis. Characterized by physical discomfort caused by noises, regardless of how loud they are, Hyperacusis can occur with Tinnitus or be a stand-alone concern. If you’ve been living with or suspect you have Hyperacusis, we encourage you to call our offices.
At A&E Audiology & Hearing Aid Centers, we’ve been caring for the hearing health of individuals in Lancaster, Lititz, Willow Street, Stevens, and other local communities since 2001. We can help you find relief and enjoy your life again.
Signs You May Have Hyperacusis
If you’ve been dealing with strong reactions to sounds, you may be concerned you have Hyperacusis. If you are unsure, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you have trouble concentrating or reading in a noisy or loud environment?
- Do you decline invitations to public events or group outings due to noise concerns?
- Do you have emotional reactions to sounds or feel emotionally drained from having to listen to sounds all day?
- Are you afraid of or do some sounds bother you more than others?
- Do some noises cause you stress or irritation?
If you find yourself answering yes to these questions, you may have Hyperacusis. Calling for an appointment to receive an evaluation and diagnosis should be your next step.
What to Expect at Your Hyperacusis Appointment
When you visit A&E Audiology & Hearing Aid Centers, you can expect to be treated by an award-winning team of audiologists. Our entire staff is focused on providing superior care in a relaxing and welcoming environment. During your appointment, you can expect the following:
- Step 1: Complete health and history forms, self-evaluation forms related to sound tolerance, and a Khalfa Hyperacusis Questionnaire (KHQ).
- Step 2: Discussion of your concerns and health and hearing history.
- Step 3: Evaluation of your symptoms using tools that may include an Audiogram, Tympanogram, evaluation of comfortable and uncomfortable listening levels, and pitch and loudness match for tinnitus.
- Step 4: Review the results of your evaluation.
- Step 5: Discuss treatment options with your audiologist.
Schedule Your Hearing Consultation Today
You don’t have to live with Hyperacusis. The audiologists at our offices in Lancaster, Stevens, Lititz, and Willow Street can help you find relief. We look forward to meeting you! Please call 717.936.9433 or click the Get Started Now button.